Choc Chip Superfood Cookies
- 1 cup rolled spelt (or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cacao powder
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- OPTIONAL: 2 Tbsp plant protein
- Place the rolled spelt, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt into a food processor and process on high speed until they are finely ground.
- Add the cacao, chia seeds, maca powder, honey, coconut oil, water, vanilla, and, if using, the plant protein and process on medium speed until well combined. The mixture should now resemble raw dough and be clumping together. (Note: If the plant protein and maca powder are left out, only use 1/2 Tbsp of water instead of the full Tbsp).
- Add half of the chocolate chips and mix on low speed until they are evenly distributed through the mixture.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into cookies and place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Press the remaining chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies and either serve immediately or refrigerate and keep for later.
Raw Tip: Choc Chip ‘Superfood’ Cookies will last for 3 months in the freezer, so you can have a delicious and nutritious snack ready to go any time!