A dairy-free ice-cream blend with a hearty fruity kick... The kids will love these!
- 1 punnet of strawberries (250g)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash and remove the green stalk of all the strawberries.
- Take 1/3 of the punnet and chop the strawberries into quarters. Place these inside your chosen ice-cream moulds (the ones depicted are Tupperware ones).
- Place the remaining 2/3 punnet of strawberries, banana, coconut milkand vanilla into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the ice-cream moulds, over the top of the strawberries. Freeze for at least 6 hours, until firm. Makes 6 ice-creams.
1. Add extra fruit, like kiwi or mango, to create different flavours.
A word from The Raw Food Girl
I realised today that a lot of the recipes on my site are designed towards kids... Which makes sense, since I have 4 of the little darlings.
This one came after the kids went to another birthday party with all sorts of delicious foods that my 3 year old just can't eat - including everything with gluten or dairy. So pretty much any 'normal' party food is off limits for him, unless he wants to spend the rest of the night itchy. Because those foods give him pretty nasty eczema. Which is actually a really common reaction for children who have a sensitive gut. The irritation caused by these allergenic foods manifest on the outside of the body.
My poor boy.
So this one's for him. A dairy-free, sugar-free, creamy as ice-cream that he can slurp away at on a hot day. And I may just have a few bites too :)