Pesto Parsley Dip
A yummy raw vegan dip that’s creamy, satisfying and bursting with flavour. This goodness can be whipped up in seconds, using a Vitamix, Thermomix or a trusty old food processor. Try it!
- 2 cups fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup OR raw honey
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Roughly chop the parsley, discarding any long bits of stalk.
- Place all ingredients into a high powered food processor and blitz on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds, or until well combined. The texture should be fairly smooth but still retain some bulk.
- Serve with chopped raw vegetables like carrot, celery or broccoli.
A word from The Raw Food Girl
I became pretty addicted to this dip during this year’s AFL season. While my dear friends stuffed themselves with meat pies (washed down with soft drinks, M&M’s and corn chips of course), I chomped down on carrot and celery sticks lathered in this dairy-free deliciousness. And sipped on coconut water and home brewed Kombucha tea.
Which, I might add, is a totally un-Australian thing to do during the footy season. Just sayin’.
I may have been tempted once or twice by the sugar feast (seriously who doesn’t love M&M’s) but this dip had my back some of my weaker moments because as a nut-based dip, it’s actually really filling. And YUMMY.
So by AFL Grand Final Day (aka Best Day of the Year) I had my friends hooked on this dip with me. Welcome to the un-Australian club dear friends.
I hope to convert you to it too!